Hey guys, Hocks here!
First off, I hope everyone has had a lovely first month of 2020! New year goals not gone as well as you hoped? Don’t worry, you still have 11 more months of the year to sort things out! Or if you’re like me, and you’re trying to get your life on track, we’ll get there. It might be hard, and it might be slow, but eventually we’ll arrive.
The weather shifting every other week between warm and cold and dry and rain is totally not helping though…
I’ve had a good month. Which is a surprise considering how many things I still need to get together in life. But I’ve been active on my blog, which is probably the first time I’ve consistently stayed around for an entire month. Well…I say the whole month. It’s been like half a month. Anyway.
So what have I accomplished this month…?
- I’ve started participating in Top Ten Tuesday and I am loving it so much. I’ve found so many books to add to my TBR! I’ve been blog-hopping and interacting with people!
- I’m doing my first readathon! I found Pondathon right before it started and I’m having so much fun
procrastinatingreading! Here’s what I’m planning to read! I’ve finished two books so far and am halfway done with the third! This has made me want to find other readathons…if you have any suggestions, please let me know!
- Look at all the posts I’ve done this month! I’m excited! This might actually be the year I stay invested in my blogging and reading habits. Let’s be honest though, it’s too early to tell.
- I started a new novel! For those following my NaNoWriMo posts… yeah, I dropped that story. I loved it, but it fell apart halfway. I have no plans right now to continue it. However, I’ve already started planning for this new story and I’m excited to keep working with it!
- Speaking of writing, I did a post about my thoughts on fanfiction. I also have plans to start posting more about writing soon!
- I’m finally posting book reviews from this past fall and winter. I read a lot of books during 2019 that I never reviewed and kept saying I would. Well, they’re finally coming (shorter and less detailed than usual). I’ve already reviewed The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert. Others that are coming:
- The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw
- First & Then by Emma Mills
- Girl Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake
- Love, Hate & Other Filters by Samira Ahmed
- You Were Here by Cori McCarthy
- A Curse so Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
- The Cold is in Her Bones by Peternelle van Arsdale
- Two Can Keep A Secret by Karen M. McManus
- Girls Made of Glass and Snow by Melissa Bashardoust
Serious Moonlight by Jenn Bennett
Speaking of reviews… if you missed my review for The Flaming Wrath of Arelor by Richard Falken, you can check it out here!
I finished Three Day Summer by Sarvenaz Tash – The review will be posted in late February! I also read American Panda by Gloria Chao – review will probably be posted in March.
What’s New on my Bookshelf (or the overflow beside it):
I haven’t bought anything new since I posted this Top Ten Tuesday, so you can check the books I’ve bought the last couple of months there! I’m trying not to buy anything in an effort to read the books I already own.
How did January go for you? Is there anything you’re proud of accomplishing this month?