Hey guys! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week’s topic is “characters I’d name a pet after”.
I don’t currently own any pets. In the past, I’ve had three dogs, 5(?) goldfish, and a red minnow. The fish went unnamed, and the dogs were named by my parents (more or less). Truthfully, I don’t know if I’ll ever get my own pet, but if I do, it would probably just be a cat. Or two.
When it comes to names, I find it easier being able to physically see what I’m naming, or to be able to discover its personality first. That said, I do have a few names I like for a possibly future furry companion.
- Kyo – Fruits Basket. If I get a cat, I want an orange tabby, as those were my favorite at the humane society I used to volunteer with. This name would be a perfect fit for a male orange cat.
- Kisa – Fruits Basket. So what if said orange cat is female? Well, why not name it after the tiger zodiac in the same manga?
- Percy – Percy Jackson & the Olympians. Okay, this is partially cheating because this is what I named my sister’s dog. (Yes, I got to choose his name.) He’s a long haired black and white Pitbull mutt. Very sweet, fluffy, and definitely spoiled.
- Roxy – Diamond Willow. Roxy is the name of a sled dog, so it might be a good fit for a husky or Alaskan Malamute.
- Stitch – Lilo & Stitch. What? There are books now, so it counts, right? I have no idea what pet I would use this name for though.
- Max – Maximum Ride. Actually, I don’t know if I would use this for a boy or a girl, but I do like the name. Most likely for a dog. Maybe some sort of shepherd?
- Yuki – Fruits Basket. I love this name because it means “snow”, so it would be very fitting for a fluffy white dog. Or cat, I guess.
- Sagwa – Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese Cat – If I’m ever lucky enough to own a (female) Siamese cat, or a cat with similar markings on its body, this will be her name.
I’m surprised I managed 8, to be honest.
Have you ever named a pet after a book character?