Hey guys! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week’s topic: new-to-me authors I read in 2020
What I’m going to do: list all of the new authors I read in 2020, which book(s) I read by them, and how I discovered them. Click on the book titles to see my review!
- Richard Falken – The Flaming Wrath of Árelor; several short stories
- Review request
- Gloria Chao – American Panda; Rent a Boyfriend (review coming soon)
- Both were free reads on Riveted Lit
- Alwyn Hamilton – Rebel of the Sands
- Random library pick up
- Liz Braswell – Once Upon A Dream; As Old As Time
- Ordered both online because they were retellings
- Leigh Bardugo – Six of Crows; Crooked Kingdom
- Random library pick up…I actually was unaware of the hype surrounding these books until after I read them. While I knew the Shadow and Bone series was popular, I didn’t know this one.
- Margaret Owens – The Merciful Crow
- Random library pick up. Though to be fair, I followed her on Twitter way before I read this…
- Jenna Evans Welch – Love & Luck
- Free read on Riveted Lit. Yes, I started in the middle of the series. No, that did not change what I thought of this book. I really hope to pick up the first and third one eventually!
- Sarah Enni – Tell Me Everything
- Thrift store purchase because it sounded interesting.
- L.G. Cullens – Togwotee Passage
- Review request
- Lexa Hillyer – Spindle Fire
- Purchased because it was a retelling
- Lily Webb – First three Magic & Mystery cozy mystery series (not reviewed)
- I needed a book for a readathon that featured an occult… This book was free on Kindle, and the cover was pretty… then I ended up finding the audiobook for the first three.
- Indrajit Garai – The Bridge of Little Jeremy
- Review request by a friend of the author
- Matsuri Hino – MeruPuri Vol. 1 (manga, not reviewed)
- Sister gave this to me
So I discovered 13 new authors in 2020! For having only read 38 book, that’s pretty good!
Have you read any of these authors? Who is your favorite author you discovered in 2020? Chat with me in the comments!